Something For Everyone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Something For Everyone

This is the forum we've developed, where, as the name says, there's Something For everyone here!!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Art vs Money making?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Allan Ocelot.

Allan Ocelot.

Male
Number of posts : 20
Warning :
Art vs Money making? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Art vs Money making? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-04

Art vs Money making? Empty
PostSubject: Art vs Money making?   Art vs Money making? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:06 pm

Ive never been a big fan of alot of art, because well.
I dont have tim for alot of it -...-
But ive noticed a trend latelry on the internet and in real life to.
alot of people are getting credit, and money too , for being artists... I have no problem with this but their "art" is something a 4 year old ( no kidding there salso a four year old in america who does hand art and it sells for 4 grand each piece) could do while eating tea.
Thanks to the internet alot of decent artists, are being left on sites like Deviant art, because heck, maybe they are too shy to go on the intenret and proclaim them selves the best artist in the world, where as I go to youtube now and see people with OVER 9000 subscibers, SELLING ART!
now my art that i do, aint exactly family friendly, so i post it anonymously on a site, get credit and im happy, heck I dont even mind people reposting it and claiming it to be theires. But peoplle are simply going on youtube, rawing on paint (of all the art programs...) and making bad, out of tone, out of focus pictures then putting a five minite video over wih a voice avoer about"how much time and effort" theyput into that pile of puke they call art.
Im sick of it, and this is a rant/debate as to wheather art should be a money maker for those who want money and a life of fame, or creativity where you exspress yourself with no concern of fashion, or paying the bills.
I belive theires a fine balence between the two....... PAINT ART MUST SOTP!
VIVA LE PHOTOSHOP! pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat
Back to top Go down
BlackSheep
Admin
Admin
BlackSheep

Female
Number of posts : 182
Warning :
Art vs Money making? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Art vs Money making? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-01

Art vs Money making? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art vs Money making?   Art vs Money making? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 8:24 am

Hmm, money from Art. I think if it is Art like for a comic or Manga that it's alright, and you're right, Deviant Art has got alot of fantastic artists. It's a shame they don't get anything for it.
Back to top Go down

Art vs Money making?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Something For Everyone :: Real Life :: Debates-
Jump to: